Tips for dog bathing – Pay attention to dog bathing in summer: avoid frequent bathing. Dogs don’t need to bathe every day, because the sebum secretion of dogs is not as good as that of humans. Frequent bathing will not only wash off the sebum that protects the skin but also increase the dog’s chance of developing skin diseases. It should be noted that the temperature of the bath water should not be too high or too low. Generally speaking, 36 degrees Celsius in spring and summer, 37 degrees Celsius in autumn and winter is suitable. The bathing time should be in the morning or at noon. As for the choice of weather, it is best to avoid weather with high air humidity, especially rainy days. Tools to prepare: hairdryer, absorbent towel, toilet paperPrecautions and eight steps to help your dog bath
1. Roughly soak the dog’s body with warm water. It should be noted that the temperature of the bath water should not be too high or too low. Generally speaking, 36 degrees Celsius in spring and summer, 37 degrees Celsius in autumn and winter is suitable. The bathing time should be in the morning or at noon. As for the choice of weather, it is best to avoid weather with high air humidity, especially rainy days.
2. Apply the body lotion on the back, and then start to rub, from the back to the buttocks, until the whole body is rubbed into the foam. As for the choice of body wash, as mentioned earlier, human shampoos or body washes are not suitable for dogs’ skin due to differences in skin pH, skin structure and body wash ingredients. Therefore, they are mild and non-irritating. The special pet bath is the best choice.
3. Thoroughly clean the dog’s head, ears, chin, around the anus, limbs, and soles of the feet. It should be noted that no foam washes into the dog’s eyes.
4. The direction of flushing is to start from the dog’s head, gradually wash backward and extend to the limbs, instead of rushing to wherever you go. Make sure that the bath liquid remaining on the dog’s body is thoroughly rinsed and there is no omission. If the foam of the bath liquid remains on the dog, it is easy to irritate the skin and cause skin allergies. We know that the skin structure of dogs is quite fragile. For this reason, it is recommended to use a hair conditioner every time. The acid-base balance is helpful to thoroughly clean the residual bath liquid on the dog.
5. Take a towel, it is best to wrap the dog completely. Help him dry. At the same time, don’t forget to remove the tampon from its ears and wipe its ears This is a mistake that many people make. It is unscientific to put the dog in the sun and let it dry automatically after bathing. Because bathing will remove a lot of grease from the dog’s coat, which will reduce the dog’s ability to keep warm and resistant to a certain extent. Hot and cold can easily cause a dog to catch a cold, Therefore, the correct method is to immediately dry the water drops on the dog with a towel.
6. After drying with a towel, remember to dry it with a hairdryer. It should be noted in this link that for some dogs, such as long-haired dogs, it is not enough to just blow it with a hairdryer. To ensure that the hair is completely dry, you may wish to blow it several times, and use your fingers or a hair comb to open the hair during the blowing process. One more thing to note in this step is: when blowing the air, try your hands to avoid scalding the dog. Of course, there are exceptions. Dogs with skin diseases should not use a hairdryer, because the heat of the hairdryer will further stimulate the itching of the skin. In this case, let the dog air dry naturally in a warm place.
7. After drying, don’t forget to straighten out the fur.
8. Finally, use toilet paper and cotton to clean the dog’s eyes and ears. Especially the ears, if it gets into the water, it is hot and it is easy to get inflammation. Dog’s Mahoning Pet Network-a smart pet platform around you! Provide pet owners with a large amount of pet information, pet encyclopedias, pet forums, and communication circles. You can also meet more interesting friends as you are in the study, and you can also find male and female friends for your pet! Pet transactions, pet malls, online transactions or shopping, pet shops, pet hospitals, and other merchant services, easy to make appointments, convenient and fast, give you a multi-dimensional and all-round one-stop service experience. Read more at Dog Central